Basil Pesto & Lemon Peanut Butter Sandwich Biscuits
A light and crisp biscuit with a creamy peanut butter centre.
Tip: These are best eaten on day of baking but will keep for a couple of days in an airtight container.
- 150g plain flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 125g butter, cubed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Sacla’ Free From Basil Pesto
- 1 egg yolk
- Approximately 6tsp Manilife Creamy Peanut Butter
- Icing sugar for dusting
- You will need a 6cm round cutter and a small round stamp to cut out the whole in the middle
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160 fan oven. Add the flour, sugar, butter and lemon zest to a food processor and blitz until fine breadcrumb consistency.
- Now add the Free From Basil Pesto and the egg yolk and use the pulse button until it starts to come together as a dough. Turn it out onto a lightly floured board and knead it gently.
- Roll the dough out to about 5mm thick and cut out the rounds, you will need to re-gather and re-roll the dough. Sit them on a baking sheet or use two lined with baking paper and put in the oven to bake for about 10-12 mins or until pale golden.
- Remove and leave to cool for a couple of mins then stamp out a circle in half the biscuits, these are for the tops.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Lightly dust the biscuit tops then sandwich them together with a biscuit with a generous spread of Creamy Peanut Butter.