Fish Tagine with Olive Pesto and Preserved Lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Large handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g new potatoes, halved
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 4 cod fillets
- 1 jar Sacla’ Olive Pesto
- 2 preserved lemons, skin only, rinsed and finely chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Bulgur wheat to serve
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan. Add the onion, season well and cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent. Then add the garlic and the tomatoes. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the potatoes and pour over the stock. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender, topping up with hot water as needed.
- Coat each fish fillet with Olive Pesto, and place them in the pan along with the preserved lemons. Cover with the lid and simmer for about 5-6 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Scatter over chopped coriander and serve with bulgur wheat.