Fiery Chilli Pesto, Salmon & Peanut Butter Noodles
Peanut Butter isn’t just for toast! It’s fabulous tossed with noodles with fiery chilli pesto, the courgettes add crunch and zips through the richness.
- 250g salmon fillets, skin on
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- ½ 190g jar Sacla’ Fiery Chilli Pesto
- 2 tbsp Manilife Original Peanut Butter
- 6 tbsp hot water + extra to top up
- 2 x 150g packs of straight to wok, thick udon noodles
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6/180C fan oven.
- Sit the salmon skin side down in a roasting tin, drizzle over half the olive oil and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Put in the oven and roast for about 20 mins or until salmon is cooked through.
- Remove from oven, when cool enough to handle, remove the skin and break the salmon up into chunky pieces and put to one side.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large wok, add the courgettes, season and cook for about 5 mins then throw in the garlic and ginger and toss around the pan for about a further 5 mins or until courgettes are cooked, add more oil if needed. Remove with a slotted spoon and put to one side.
- Add the fiery chilli pesto and peanut butter to the wok along with 6 tbsp of hot water, heat gently and stir to combine, top up with more hot water if the mixture is too thick.
- Separate the noodles a little and add to the pan, stir to coat and heat through then add the courgette mixture and salmon to the pan and gently stir through transfer to serving dishes.