Sausages and pesto mash
THERE ARE SO MANY SAUSAGES to choose from these days, including vegetarian, and the sweetness of pork and apple sausages makes this a very tasty dish.
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and cut into rough chunks
- 75ml milk
- 40g butter
- ½ jar Sacla' Classic Basil Pesto
- 6 pork and apple sausages
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Boil the potatoes in a large pan of water for 10–12 minutes, until tender. Drain well then return the potatoes to the hot pan and heat over a low heat for a few seconds to dry off excess water.
- Add the milk, butter and Pesto and mash together over a low heat until smooth.
- Meanwhile, fry the sausages in a pan with the olive oil and cook according to pack instructions. Serve the sausages on a bed of mashed potato with your favourite vegetables. So easy!