Roasted red pepper soup with ‘Nduja
- 4 red peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 jar of Sacla' 'Nduja Pesto
- 900ml of vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C.
- Sit the peppers in a roasting tin and rub with half the oil. Put in the oven to roast for 30-40 mins or until they begin to blacken.
- Remove the peppers and put into a plastic food bag to cool, then remove the skin and seeds and chop the flesh. Put to one side.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil, add the onion and season well. Stir in the garlic, celery and carrot and cook gently for about 10 mins until they begin to soften. Stir in half a jar of 'Nduja Pesto and the peppers.
- Add the vegetable stock, raise the heat and bubble for a few minutes, then reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 mins. Top up with more hot water if needed. Taste and season again if required.
- Add to a liquidiser and blitz until smooth. Ladle into bowls and add a spoonful of 'Nduja Pesto to each one, swirl and serve.