We all know that clean plates = happy parents. That’s why we always keep a jar of Sacla’ Pesto in the cupboard, because kids love Pesto. No fibs needed.
Whether it’s the smooth, creamy texture or the big bold basil flavour, children love Pesto. And parents do too – quick, convenient, healthy and guaranteed to please everyone, Pesto Pasta is perfect for mid-week family mealtimes.
Rachel Allen, busy TV cook, author, teacher and mother of three, has shared some of her favourite Pesto recipes with us, which we think you and your family will enjoy too.
The Little head chef RECIPE CARD
The heat is on and it’s nearly time for the kids to break up from school. But don’t panic… turn your little ones into little head chefs this summer and teach them the joy of Italian cooking with help from Rachel Allen.
Rachel has created this tasty, easy to prepare recipe card from our new Family Book of Pesto, filled with recipes to inspire families to cook healthy, delicious food with Pesto. It’s a great way for children to get creative in the kitchen, as well as bringing a taste of Italy into your home.
Let the kids take the lead in the supermarket as they round up their ingredients from the shopping list, then they can become head chef of the kitchen at home as they tick off tasks from the easy to follow recipe. Parents can supervise their new head chefs and encourage their passion for cooking. Before long they will be whipping up Pesto delights for the whole family to enjoy!
PHOTO FRAME COMPETITION
School’s out for summer! We’re giving away 5 Sacla’ hampers brimming with Italian goodness including a copy of our new family cookbook. We’ve created this colour-in photo frame – the perfect solution to keep the kids busy over the holidays and get their creative juices flowing in the kitchen, too. For your chance to win, follow these steps:
1. Simply download and print out our template.
2. Help your child to cut neatly around the edges.
3. Let your little ones decorate it – you could get extra creative and use dried pasta shapes, rice and even coloured wool or string for fun!
4. Take a snap of your family cooking together, or your favourite recipe using Pesto and place it in the frame.
5. Upload your photo to social media, using the hashtag #KidsLovePesto to be in with a chance of winning lots of goodies.
6. Stick on your fridge as a reminder of the great memories you made together in the kitchen this summer!
This competition ends on 7th September 2018 at 23:59. For more T&Cs, click here.
We’re so excited to announce the launch of our new cookbook.
We’ve also teamed up with Rachel to create some new recipes using our Pesto, especially for those important family moments around the table.
It’ll be available to buy through our online shop very soon, but in the meantime do keep an eye on our social channels for the chance to win a copy.