Vegan Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 °c / 170 °c fan
- Make the sponge by mixing flour, sugar, baking powder and the Sacla’ Vegan Mayonnaise together. This is best done by an electric food mixer to ensure the mixture is thoroughly mixed.
- Dissolve the cocoa in the boiling water and stir into the mixture along with the vanilla essence until combined
- Place the mixture into a 7in greased and lined cake tin.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Test the sponge is cooked by poking a skewer into the cake. If when you pull it out it is clean, the cake is cooked.
- Top with icing sugar or fresh raspberries