Chicken with Porcini and White Truffle Paste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan
- Starting at the neck end, carefully ease the skin of the chicken away from the breast taking care not to tear the delicate skin.
- Using your fingers, spread the porcini and truffle paste evenly under the skin all over the breast, then gently pat the skin to even out the paste.
- Season the cavity with salt & pepper, rub a little of the paste inside, then place a small bunch of rosemary & thyme sprigs.
- Sprinkle salt & pepper all over the chicken and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil rubbing it well all over.
- Line the bottom of a roasting tin with the carrots and a drizzle of oil. Place the chicken on top of the carrots (this will prevent the chicken from sticking to the tin.)
- Pour in a splash of white wine and roast in the oven for about 45-50 minutes until cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and sweat on a high to medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes and thyme sprigs and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the hot water and continue to cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms, season with salt & pepper and cook on a medium to high heat for about 10 minutes until the potatoes and mushrooms are cooked and the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the paste.
- Serve immediately with the roasted baby chicken and carrots.