- To make the stuffing, combine the ricotta, mascarpone and most of the Parmesan in a food processor until puréed. Mix with the spinach and Pesto in a bowl, seasoning with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg.
- To make the pancakes combine the flour and eggs with an electric whisk or a mixer, then add the milk and melted butter. Season and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to its maximum and put your tin in to heat. Remove after 2 minutes and butter lightly.
- Put a small ladle of the pancake batter in the tin and tilt to cover evenly. Return to the oven for 3 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool and then repeat this until you have one rectangular pancake per person.
- To assemble, divide the stuffing into as many portions as you have pancakes. Spread a portion of the stuffing all over the pancake. Roll up the pancake to form a neat roll and fold in the ends. Refrigerate until you have made them all. (They can be assembled up to a day ahead of serving).
- To cook and serve, preheat the oven to 180°C. Melt the butter and use a little to grease a large gratin dish.
- Cut the tubes into 2cm deep slices and arrange these packed tightly in the gratin dish, cut sides down.
- Pour the remaining melted butter on top and pour a few drops of water into the base to help prevent sticking.
- Dust lightly with Parmesan and bake, loosely covered for 15 minutes or until piping hot.