Chicken with Grilled Peppers & Peperonata
1. Gently heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a large deep sided frying pan. Chop the carrots, artichokes and herbs. Add to the pan with the garlic.
2. Brown lightly for 5 minutes, then add the chicken breast.
3. Cook on both sides for ten minutes until golden, then lower the heat. Add the wine and cook for 1 hour adding vegetable stock from time to time.
4. Season with salt and pepper, then add the olives and Sacla’ Peperonata, keeping 1 tablespoon in the jar. Simmer for a few minutes.
5. In a mixer, blend the retained Peperonata and 100 ml of vegetable stock.
6. Put a layer of this sauce on each plate and top with the vegetables and chicken.
6. Garnish with a selection of fresh herbs