Mushroom Lasagne by Wallflower Kitchen
For the Mushroom Bolognese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 400g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp mixed Italian dried herbs (Basil, oregano, thyme)
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 240ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
For the Lasagne
- 12 gluten-free Lasagne sheets
- 1 jar Sacla’ Free From White Sauce for Lasagne
- Vegan cheese, grated (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the onions, garlic, grated carrot, salt and pepper and sauté for a few minutes, until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and tomato purée. Mix to combine.
- Add the vinegar, herbs, chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the cornflour mixture and simmer for approximately ten minutes until reduced and thickened.
- Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas mark 6.
- Pre-cook Lasagne sheets, if required on packet's instructions.
- Add a small amount of Bolognese Sauce to the bottom of the pan, enough to coat the bottom.
- Add a layer of Lasagne sheets.
- Smooth two tablespoons of white sauce on top.
- Then top with more Bolognese sauce. Repeat until you're left with the last layer of Lasagne sheets.
- Top with the remainder of the Bolognese sauce. Then smooth the rest of the white sauce on top. Add some grated vegan cheese, if desired.
- Bake for approximately twenty minutes until golden on top.
- Leave to cool slightly before slicing into portions.