Black Bean Spaghetti with Mussel Sauce by Anna Del Conte
Taken from 'FreeFrom all'Italiana' by Anna Del Conte
- 400g black bean spaghetti
- 500g frozen mussels
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (or more according to taste)
- 3 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Sacla' Free From Basil Pesto
- 150ml white wine
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Defrost the frozen mussels, reserving their juices.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of well-salted boiling water, according to the pack instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the saute pan on the heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add the garlic, chilli and 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
- Fry for one minute and as soon as the garlic aroma rises, add the Pesto, mussel juices and wine. Boil briskly for a couple of minutes to reduce the juices by approximately one third.
- Turn the defrosted mussels into the pan, reduce the heat and cook very gently for a minute to heat the mussels through in the sauce without letting them break up.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and turn it into a warmed serving bowl. Spoon the mussels and sauce over the top, sprinkle with the remaining parsley and squeeze over the lemon juice. Serve immediately.