Pancakes with Ham and Ricotta
If you're feeling brave, try this with our hot Sacla' Fiery Chilli Pesto!
- 425ml milk
- 125g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- a little sunflower oil, for frying
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 200g ham, chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- butter, for greasing
- 190g jar Sacla' Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Put the milk and flour in a bowl and whisk together. Whisk in the eggs and season, then set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan and ladle in a spoonful of the batter. Swirl the batter around the pan to cover the base and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Flip the pancake over and cook the other side, then slide onto a plate and transfer to a warm oven. Repeat until all the batter has been used.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/190°C fan oven/gas mark 6/7.
- Mix together the ricotta, ham and basil in a bowl, seasoning well. Divide equally among the pancakes and fold up.
- Place the pancakes side by side in a 1.2 litre oven-proof dish greased with butter. Pour the Sacla' Sun-Dried Tomato into a bowl and stir in 50-100ml water to loosen it, then spoon the sauce over the pancakes and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until heated through.