Individual Vegetable Tarts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 red onions
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 12 baby plum tomatoes
- 12 mini savoury pastry cases
- 2 Sacla' Sun-Dried Tomatoes Pesto Pots
- 100g mozzarella torn into chunks
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas mark 7
- Lay the peppers and onions in a tray and drizzle the onions with a little oil.
- Roast for 15 minutes then add the tomatoes to the tray and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with cling film and leave to steam for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200°C.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel away the skins, remove the stalks and seeds and tear the flesh into strips.
- Spoon a little Sacla' Pesto into the bottom of each pastry case and top with a piece of pepper, some onions and a tomato.
- Finish with a piece of mozzarella then repeat with the remaining pastry cases and toppings.
- Lay on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling, leave to cool slightly before serving.