Smoked Salmon and Pesto sauce by Anna Del Conte
Taken from 'FreeFrom all'Italiana' by Anna Del Conte
- 400g brown rice spaghetti, or approximately 80g seaweed 'spaghetti' or 'tagliatelle' (NB: seaweed swells up to five times its size when cooked)
- 1.5 jars of Sacla' Free From Basil Pesto
- 300g smoked salmon
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta in plenty of well-salted boiling water, according to pack instructions. If you are using a seaweed alternative, you will need to boil it for 10-15 minutes. It will never get as soft as pasta, but should be just pleasantly chewy.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the Pesto in a large, heatproof serving bowl and place the bowl in a warm oven at 100°.
- Cut the salmon into short strips.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain, reserving a cupful of the cooking water and turn it into the warm bowl. Add the olive oil, half of the salmon and enough of the pasta water to loosen the sauce.
- Season with a good grinding of pepper, taste and add salt if necessary. Mix very well using two forks to lift the strands up in the air, scatter the remaining salmon over the top and serve.