Pesto Chicken Kievs
- 150g cream cheese
- 1/2 jar Sacla' SunBlush Tomato Pesto
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 100g plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 125g dry white breadcrumbs
- Olive oil spray
- Combine the cream cheese and Sacla' Pesto in a bowl to make the filling.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them part of the way through with a sharp knife, then opening out flat.
- Lay each breast between two sheets of cling film and gently pound flat with a rolling pin.
- Spoon a quarter of the filling into the centre of each flattened breast and fold over one side of the chicken, then the other to seal.
- Roll each breast tightly in cling film and chill for 30 minutes to firm.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the cling film and dust in the seasoned flour.
- Dip in the beaten egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs to coat completely, shaking off any excess.
- Repeat with the egg and breadcrumbs to double-coat the kievs.
- Lay the kievs on the tray, spray with oil and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with mashed potato and peas.